Monday, September 6, 2010

'' Rite of Passage''

     I remember my grandfather on my mothers side the most. He was a tall man with broad shoulders and cotton white hair. He seemed to be a gaint to me. Visiting my grandparents was always fun because my grandfather would give us boys a roll of quarters, and take us to the store so we could buy candy and play video games. My grandfather loved going to the horse tracks and betting on horses. If you asked him about a certain horse he was always be able to give you the background about the horse, and tell if the horse was worth  a placing a bet on.
    I also remember that my grandmother would not ride in a car that he was driving. Grandmother would say that he had a lead foot and that he was going to kill himself one day. I am sure that this is the reason why my parents would not let us ride alone with him. .

2 comments:

  1. Hi Greg,

    Thank you for sharing. While you do provide us some insight into your grandfather, you provide good claims and support them with good assertions (as we discussed in class yesterday). Keep up the good work.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ms.Chastain,
    For some unknown reason my ideas for Task One did not post on my blog. I will try and post them again.

    ReplyDelete