Monday, September 27, 2010

Casa...Reflection and writing

          Answer to question 3.
         Cuento's is a spanish word meaning literally '' story '' or  '' tale ''. Cuento's may specifically refer to folk tales, a catagory of folklore that includes stories passed down thru oral tradition. The word cuento may also be used as a verb to say ''tell'' as if you are telling a story. A couple of examples that come to mind are from my younger days. The one that sticks out would be Robin Hood the Prince of Thieves. Another example would be the stories about the Three Musketeers, Athos, Porthos, and Aramis. Another example would be Jack and the Bean Stalk. One cautionary tale that was always told to me when I was young by my parent. Was if you played with fire you were going to pee the bed. Growing up my family used to go camping a lot, we always sat arond the fire at night , and my mother would always warn us.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Greg,

    I like how you have defined the word "cuento" and also provided "cuentos" that you were told as a child. Thank you for sharing.

    Can you think about how this may relate to Ortiz-Cofer's experience and essay?

    Ms. C

    ReplyDelete