Thursday, September 9, 2010

'' On Becoming a Chicano''

     1) I am American. There are alot of  Spanish speaking people in the U.S. today. I think that speaking Spanish would be an advantage for me for at work and everyday life.
         When I was in the military, I spent two years in Asia ( Korea ). Here it was very hard to travel or do anything outside of the post, because of the language barrier that was there. Most of the older generation do not speak any English. To make things a little easier for me, I tried to learn the language. By the time I left there, I could speak a little Korean, enough to get me around.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Greg,

    I am happy with the example that you have written about. Can you tell me though how this experience is either similar or different to Rodriguez?

    ReplyDelete