Tuesday, August 31, 2010

My first blog???

    My name is Gregory Vanderhoof, and I go by Greg. I am attending Missouri Western State University in search of a degree in Criminal Justice. I have always wanted to pursue a career in Law Enforcement and one of my goals is to attend the Police Academy in the near future. I am also interested in studying the reasons why people commit crimes and what led them to committing these crimes and what it would take to stop people from committing crimes.
     I was born in the State of Ohio, and raised in a little town called Sheffield Lake, which is located on Lake Erie. I attended grade school at St.Thomas, and graduated high school from Lorain Catholic. I enlisted in the U.S Army, and there I spent 6 years. I left the military and went to work for Ford Motor Company for the next 16 years. I left Ford in 2008, and from there I went to work for the Department of Corrections as a Corrections Officer, and here is where I got to deal close up with the criminal society. I left the Department of Corrections, and now I work for a Security Company, and here I am  employed as a Armed Private Security Officer.
       I am intersted in reading books about serial killers and the different crimes and murders that have taken place over the past years. I am not a big fan in writing as you can tell. I also like watching shows on tv like Criminal Minds, 48 hours, C.S.I. and such shows like that.        

3 comments:

  1. Hi Greg,

    Thank you for sharing. It sounds like you are also interested in the psychology of killers. I am as well. When I was younger, I actually owned an encyclopedia of serial killers. My family thought and still thinks to this day that I am a very odd person because of that. However, I too am fascinated with Charles Manson, Ted Bundy, Elisabeth of Bathory and many many others.

    Have you ever watched Law and Order or 24?

    Ms. Chastain

    ReplyDelete
  2. It does seem odd to alot of people to be interested in serial killers or just killers alone. I was always one that wanted to stop them from killing again.I believe the first step to doing this is to get to know them,and where the come from.
    I enjoy wathing Law and Order and 24 when I get the chance. Working nights makes it hard.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Greg,

    I would definitely agree. As weird as it sounds, I would absolutely love to sit down with a killer and dissect his/her mind. Why the kill? What motivated him/her? Why take another life? It is not easy, rather it is very complex.

    Law and Order SVU is my favorite including 24. Ever since I have joined Netflix, I watch SVU in the mornings when I am getting around. I'm currently on Season 5.

    Ms. Chastain

    ReplyDelete