Thursday, January 20, 2011

WRITERLY BIOGRAPHY

Hello Ms. Chastain, as you know my name is Greg Vanderhoof. I come from a little town on Lake Erie called Sheffield Lake. It is located between Toledo and Cleveland. I have had little experience with reading and writing, until I started college and took English. Now my brain is starting to get overloaded and is ready to explode from all the knowledge that I am learning of course. I am not a big reader but when I do I like reading about famous murders and all that good stuff. I really dont have any strenghts that I know of in reading and writing. Weaknesses, I have a lot, I would say the biggest ones are my lack of being able to keep focused on what I am reading. Most of all I would say the biggest one is unable to put my thoughts into words and being able to write them down.

2 comments:

  1. Hi Greg,

    Welcome back! I'm happy to see that I didn't scare you off.

    Tell me how was your winter break?

    I'm certain that you do have reading and writing strengths. We just need to get you to thinking critically about them. While I am the teacher, let me ask you a question that I want you to think about, "What is it that I do well when I write?" For this question, revisit my comments on your task papers last semester. I'm certain you will find something.

    Ms. C

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have not scared me off "YET", But it is coming close with this giant workload your killing me with. Did not do anything except work and work over the winter break. I would ask you what you did on your break but that might be over stepping the teacher, student bounderies. And I will get back to you about your last question. thanks Greg

    ReplyDelete